GENERATION GOOGLE SCHOLARSHIP 2021
GOOGLE SCHOLARSHIP Google, the worlds’ largest internet company offers scholarships for students in computer science. The General Google Scholarship program is established to help aspiring students pursuing computer science degrees excel in technology and become leaders in the field. This is a great opportunity for Pakistani students studying Computer Science at a recognized university. Selected students will receive $1,000 USD for 2021-2022.
Generation Google Scholarship: for women in computer science selection criteria includes a number of factors including a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, demonstrated leadership, and academic performance. The program is open to students who meet all the minimum qualifications and we strongly encourage women interested in computer science to apply.
Eligibility Criteria for General Google Scholarship
Candidates who meet the following eligibility criteria may apply for the Generation Google Scholarship
- Full-time student, currently enrolled
- Be a 1st year or 2nd-year student in a Bachelors program at an accredited university in one of the following Asia Pacific countries/regions:
- Southeast Asia+: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Vietnam
- Be studying computer science, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for improving the representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology
How to Apply for Generation Google Scholarship
The online application form will be available. The application form will be available till March 29, 2021. You will be required to fill in the followings:
- General Information
- Academic Records
- Responses to two short essay questions (Refer below)
- Google Online Challenge (Invitation to the challenge will be sent 5-7 working days post-application deadline)
- Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool or respective peers (e.g. 1st-year students compared to other 1st year students).
Note: Google Online Challenge solely serves as an additional data point when reviewing your application holistically.
Essay questions and the online challenge are very important. Those targeting to avail Generation Google Scholarship must do very well in these areas.
The application form will be available at https://buildyourfuture.withgoogle.com/scholarships/generation-google-scholarship-apac/